Tuesday, October 7, 2014

It Is All About Dinner!



Wow all I can say is wow. When life decides to throw you a curve ball sometimes it can really curve. Sunday life threw this house a curve ball and all of us are still recovering from it. Mom most of all. As closely as we can tell mom stood up from the edge of her bed and lost her balance falling face first into some frames I hadn't noticed sticking out between the dressers. She was pretty banged up and required a lot of stitches. She is going to be fine thankfully even with the scar that will always remind us of that very scary Sunday afternoon.With the big bandage on her forehead and her swollen face all I could do yesterday was sit with mom wondering what happens now.
  The post I had planned for yesterday was to be about a dinner I made last week that was knock your socks off beyond words good. Did I mention it was good. While in FLA I had what the menu called Huevos Rancheros for breakfast. While it was good the dish was not what I remembered from years ago when I was in New Mexico.

When we got home I looked it up on line and saw nothing like I remembered I even checked out recipes from New Mexico and nothing. So I decided to recreate what I remembered to see if I was right.I was right at least for my house it was right.

 Here is my version for Green Chile Huevos Rancheros.
  Roast  1 big or 2 medium Poblano peppers per person whole, then seed and remove the stem. Set a side.
  Brown ground beef or turkey with onion garlic salt and pepper, chili powder, Ancho chili powder.
 Make re fried beans, using a can of drained and rinsed red or pinto beans mash them with a potato masher as smooth as you like your beans ad a liquid ( I used white wine ) about half a cup ad a little at a time until you get a texture like mashed potatoes. In a sauce pan ad about 2 tablespoons of oil and heat it ad Cumin, chili powder to oil mix it well and then ad the beans to the oil mixture mixing quickly season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Cook until beans began to bubble stirring constantly. This only take about 10 minutes total so just cover and set a side.
 Lightly toast some flour tortillas in hot oil and break into ruff quarters. 
  While the eggs are frying up to a nice over medium start your plates ( I used my oven to keep everything warm as I worked) lay out 1 or 2 roasted peppers on each plate, place flour tortilla on top of the pepper, then the ground meat, the beans come next. Top that off with your favorite Mexican sauce I used my homemade enchilada sauce. 1 or 2 over medium eggs go on top of all of that. Serve with your favorite salsa. I circled the plate with my homemade salsa verde letting the eater chose how much or how little salsa they wanted.

 Serve and enjoy!
 Have a wonderful week! Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment