Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Good News and a Recipe!

 Yesterday afternoon at 5:04 Pm my newest Grandchild was born. Weighing in at 9 LBS even. Alexander James is healthy, happy and handsome. I am just thrilled beyond words about having a new addition to my little family. I was beyond surprised when I was told another child was on the way because I had given up all hope of another baby. Pleased is an understatement, more like overjoyed.
  My post will be short and photo less today, I want to be on my way to the city to meet my Grandson.
   I am trying not to talk about my diet every day, that would be boring even for me. However when I hit a real winner recipe from my Diet Bible I plan on sharing them. So far I have found 3 and have only one photo, that I already shared in a  previous blog. Good thing too be cause I deleted the photo last night. Oops getting a little distracted here. The recipe (Focus Joan) is for Kale, yes I know I turn my nose up to, but I have had a kale smoothie you didn't even know the kale was there, and now this recipe I made for dinner 2 days ago. You can taste the kale but it blends well with the other ingredients and actually works. This is a cheesey easy recipe that only take a little effort and time to make. The effort comes at clean up time just like always. I made 2 changes based on what was in the fridge and pantry. I had regular bacon, and no nuts. Next time and there will be a next time I will be sure to have the nuts.
  Creamed Kale with Bacon and Hazelnuts
 1 tsp evoo
2 slices Canadian bacon uncured, coarsely chopped
2 cps low salt chicken broth
1 bunch Kale 1 lb thick stems removed leaves cut into 1 in wide ribbons
4 wedges 4/4 oz each light spreadable cheese (I used laughing cow low-fat Swiss cheese.
2 TBS skinned toasted and chopped hazelnuts
 1) In large non stick dutch oven heat oil over medium high heat. Add the bacon cook until crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate.
2) Add the broth and kale to the pan Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook 25 to 30 minutes until completely tender. Stir down once in a while.
3) and kale, any cooking liquid, and cheese to food processor and puree until it is as smooth as you can get it.
4) Top with hazelnuts and bacon and serve.

I really enjoyed this dish and I hope you do too. Have a wonderful day!


   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Living

    Here it is Thursday already. I swear, you blink and weeks go by.      I can't say anything exciting happened this week. I have been ...