Monday, June 30, 2014

Lazy Sunday & Dinner


 Sunday was a perfect summer day. The kind of day you just have to enjoy. Sunny, warm with a gentle breeze and very few clouds in the sky. The perfect day to take it slow and do things you enjoy.
  I spent the morning picking zucchini and cabbage in the garden. I have to say I grow some pretty vegetables, pretty enough to eat and even prettier to sell. Yep I spent my afternoon making signs and helping Dzia set up and secure a table and lock box. Then I proudly put all my lovely vegetables out on the table.


 I just as proudly brought them all back in just before dark set in. Not a single thing sold, in fact I don't think a single car stopped. I am not discouraged in the least all my veggies are back on the table already this morning waiting for their forever home. I don't plan on getting rich with my little stand I just think it will be fun. Kind of like a grown ups lemonade stand.
  After my stand was all set up and pictures taken I decided to walk back to Tom's house and see how the pool was coming. They had the pool resurfaced and tiled at the beginning of this season and it has been an interesting process to watch. At this point the work men are gone and the pool is filled with water. There is no swimming yet as the pool surface cures and hardens. Dzia and Tom were in the pool when I got there, but to work not to play.



 It looks like Dzia is just standing there holding a long pole when in fact the pole is a broom like tool that needs to be pushed slowly across the surface to remove residue from the concrete. 
  While the guys where staying cool in the pool, with an audience sitting along the edge of the pool making sure they were doing it right, I was having a little fun taking pictures and playing with a little ball of energy they call Finnly(Fin- Lee) How do you spell that?

 Any way this little guy is too cute and he has two loves swimming in the pool and chasing his Frisbee like toy. He is fast and 9 times out of 10 he catches that toy mid-air.




 Unless of course you throw as bad as me and land the toy in a tree. Thank goodness I was able to get that down or I would have been on my way to pet smart for a new one. 
 Yep a nice lazy Sunday slowing down and enjoying the day. You just can't beat days like that.
 " What Was Dinner " I am sure you won't be surprised when I say it was garden fresh, but I bet it will surprise you to read I used a jar sauce. 

Yes I really did, I am always disappointed in my Alfredo sauce no matter what recipe I follow I am never happy. The sauce always turns out too something, never spot on and the ingredients they aren't cheap. Now I just admit I make a bad Alfredo sauce and use a jar. Classico is my favorite brand with a light cheesy flavor that doesn't hid or over power the veggies and pasta.I call this dish exactly what it is Pasta Primavera Alfredo

 1 green zucchini
 1 yellow zucchini 
 1 large carrot
 1/2 cup or so snow peas
 3 or 4 mini bell peppers or 1 regular bell pepper
4 cloves of garlic minced
1 small onion finely chopped
1 lb pasta such as fettuccine
1 jar Alfredo sauce
 Slice the zucchini on an angle about a half inch thick or so, slice carrot the same way just a tad thinner. prepare the snow peas by snapping off the stem end. If using the multi colored mini bells simply cut off the top and remove the seeds and slice in rounds, if using regular bell pepper cut open remove the seeds and cut into strips. Cook pasta as directed. In a steam pan once water is boiling place the carrots in the steam basket, let them steam about 7 minutes until half way tender. Now add your other vegetables in the steam basket and steam until the zucchini is just beginning to get tender remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.  In a small sauce pan heat a tablespoon of oil and add garlic and onion to the heated oil. Cook until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant. Add the jar of sauce to the garlic and onion and cook until heated through. Assemble each plate with a layer of pasta, and then the vegetables topping it all off with the sauce. Serve and enjoy.

 Such an easy dish to prepare and even easier to eat. 
 Have a cheery Monday! Thank you for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short and Sweet!

                        Busy Busy Busy, that would be me !    The weekend was filled with family, friends, games and lots of good food. We w...