Friday, February 7, 2014

Happy # 5 or 3 Builders and Bean Soup

  This morning I got a nice surprise in my email. A notice that there was a comment on my Snow Daze post by some one calling them self Happy # 5.
http://joeyk-chachijoan.blogspot.com/2014/02/snow-daze-and-leftovers.html

 I made it easy for the parents to search and find my blog by signing the letter Chachijoan. I am sure I would want to know who was leaving gifts for my child or children to be sure there was no danger. While I didn't want thanks I did want the parents to feel comfortable. I am glad I did it that way, I wasn't looking for gratitude for something I was doing to please me, so I dropped an unmarked envelope containing a short note and the gift card  in the mail box and drove away,

 but like one of my friends I would have loved to see the reaction of the child getting the prize. So my day was made today when I read the comment and sure enough the parents did research chachijoan and did find the blog. The comment that was left gave me a clear picture in words of the excitement and joy the 3 builders experienced as Mom read my letter to them. That comment also brought a tear to mine and Bill's eye. I referred to the snow creation as a snow lady well it turns out that the snow lady's name is Bob. Do you think that is short for Roberta? I had so much fun doing this that I know I will do this again.    
   "What Was Dinner"?  Easy warm and hearty and just perfect for a cold winter night. No recipes not even to follow the directions on the jiffy box just cooking like I know how to do. Early in the afternoon I put 3 cans of drained and rinsed red, black, and white beans in my dutch oven adding to them onion, garlic, diced ham, ham broth, chicken broth,and seasoning, after bringing it to a boil I let it simmer all afternoon the end result was a very good bean soup. I served the soup with Jiffy's corn bread and onion and vinegar to top the soup with.

 Moms favorite dinner. A meal that warm you to your toes and sticks to your ribs.

   Welcome to the Weekend. Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. That's almost as good as seeing their face! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I loved reading the comment and I thought of you when I read it knowing you would enjoy it to. Gave me chills and made this adventure even more fun. I hope to enjoy the weekend. Come Monday I will be an even older old lady so I gotta enjoy while I am young. :)

    ReplyDelete