What Was New at Dinner 06/13/2012

This week seems as if it is going to be the week of stirring. Once again last night I found my self standing at the stove stirring and stirring and stirring.
  I tried my hand at Chicken Marsala using a recipe that called for zinfindel wine. I picked this recipe to do for one of my activities this month and realized it also fit my blog guidelines. I have never made Chicken Marsala and have never had it made this way I am sure.When I go to Italian restaurants I always look at the Chicken Marsala but end up going with what ever sausage dish is on the menu. I find chicken breast to be dry for the most part. I myself am a thigh person.
  The recipe both baffled and intrigued me at the same time. I had picked up chicken earlier in the week and thought I brought home breast, (there I go thinking again)I didn't it was a package of wings,legs,and thighs. So I removed the bone(not easy)from the thigh leaving the meat as in tact as possible,took off the skin and followed the recipe.Oh and one other small change because I forgot to check before I started I used extra dry vermouth in place of the zifindel I didn't have.Other then that I followed the recipe.I should have followed my instinct and made one more change to the recipe.Lucky for us it didn't matter enough to ruin our dinner.The recipe calls for way to much oil and butter at the end of the cooking time I had a beautiful gravy with an inch an a half of fat floating on top.I spooned off a 1/2 cup of the fat and used a paper towel to soak up the rest making the gravy ready to use.A very good gravy it was too. The recipe has you whip the cream before adding it.When I  added the whipped cream to the pan it frothed up until it almost over flowed the pan then took almost 30 minutes of stirring to cook it back down and thicken it up.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/4-star-chicken-marsala--with-zinfindel/detail.aspx
  This dish was more then worth the work. I do mean work because when I was done making dinner my kitchen looked like a bomb had gone off may be even 2 bombs.Dinner was so good it didn't matter. The meat was juicy full of flavor and melt in your mouth tender,the gravy was just the right texture it was light and airy and rich and creamy all at the same time. The flavor was outrageously good.Decadent is a good word to describe last nights dinner.I will most diffidently be making this dish again keeping all my mistakes and changes in the recipe.
   I think if I had a fork near me right now I would try to eat the picture.

Comments

Popular Posts