Sunday, May 6, 2012

What Was Dinner 05/04/2012

Sorry to be so late with this post. I ate and drank more then needed and slept before I got to blogging on the 4th and worked and felt no desire to write on the 5th so here I am on the 6th catching up.....
    For dinner on the 4ht I made one of my favorite dishes. I call it unbreaded fried chicken. Yummy so good,I say I learned from my Grandma how to make chicken this way but others don't agree with me.Any way tonight I changed it up ever so slightly I soaked the chicken in spiced rum and made a gravy using the left over rum. I love frying my chicken using this method. It brings true meaning to the statement finger licking good.
        http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/grandmas-unbreaded-fried-chicken.html?p=51
   The skin is crispy and full of flavor and the meat is juicy and so very tender.As I said you can't help licking your fingers and smacking your lips it taste so good.
      Along with the chicken I served  my Thai Pasta Salad. I discovered this recipe on the back of a bottle of  "Bangkok Padang"peanut sauce  
                
      http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/salad/pasta-salad/thai-pasta-salad.html?p=56
  I have changed this recipe up here and there to suit my needs, like tonight I used elbow macaroni because that is what I had on hand. Also I added feta Cheese thinking it would match nicely with the onion,pepper and cucumber in the salad. No not so much.I make this salad a lot during the summer months and I will be leaving out the feta cheese.
  I was wanting corn on the cob and sliced fresh tomatoes with this dinner but that was not available so I added cottage cheese topped with toasted sesame seeds and called it complete.
                       The end result was our plates wiped clean and no left overs!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Living!

       It is Thursday already! where did the Week go? I can't believe how fast time flies some times.        I spent time in the sewing...