Thursday, May 3, 2012

05/03/2012 What was Dinner?

Tonight my Darling husband was the Chef
              He whipped up a surprise dinner. The surprise was in all the hidden flavors he put into his meal. At first glance dinner looks like a straight forward basic steak dinner of the barbie.At first bite you find out there is nothing basic or straightforward about the dinner. Using fresh and left over ingredients Bill made a dinner that sent your taste buds on a roller coaster ride of flavors.
   
            My first bite was of the smashed and baked potatoes pumped up with left over cauliflower soup and a hint of the honey butter I made earlier this week.A delightful twist on the smashed and baked potato.Next I cut into my steak,so tender it all but melted on my plate,tasting before adding salt and pepper I discovered the steak needed no seasoning at all.Marinated in bourbon whiskey and grilled to a perfect medium rare the steak was one of the best I have ever tasted. our vegetables this evening were light and tasty. Broccoli and mushrooms mixed with the left over cucumber salad and dressing then cooked till the broccoli was just tender and the mushrooms beginning to brown. Delicious!
  As I said at first glance a straightforward steak dinner. At first bite.......it is Love!!
                                                       

2 comments:

  1. I'm drooling over your description!!! Did you also put the ramekin of cauliflower mashed potatoes on the grill too! If so....double yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was on the grill also. All crispy on top not burnt just a golden brown crispy. You got that right double yum!

    ReplyDelete