Tomorrow is Day 1

  Tomorrow I begin in earnest to start the diet I have finally picked out. I am pushing Bill to do it with me too. It is a 21 day diet that has 3 phases and is designed to reduce bloat and indigestion as well as inches and pounds. The diet takes a whole lot of foods away in the beginning and then slowly brings back the healthier foods. Phase one is  fruit smoothies, salads, lean meats, green veggies, and nuts. Phase 2 introduces a few grains back into the diet and in stage 3 even more grains and veggies return to the plate. After 21 days I just stay in stage 3 until I get to the size and weight I want. Sounds easy right? I love bacon, I like soda, hoagies and cheese steaks have been my best friends forever, and I am always craving carbs, did I mention I love BACON so I don't think it will be as easy as it sounds, but I am determined to get back in shape and to feel good about myself, so I AM GOING TO DO THIS!
   The biggest trick will be making sure Mom isn't on this diet. I will still have to make and serve foods that I won't be able to eat. Her ice-cream at night will be my biggest hurdle because yes I like my entire family LOVES LOVES ice cream.
      I haven't had a soda diet or otherwise in 3 days and so far I haven't had the urge to have one. I am enjoying water flavored with fruit and veggies, its the flavor I crave not the soda. I always have complained that water was flavorless and thats why I would end up with a soda in my hand, the fruit in the water adds a lot of flavor and fills my craving for flavor. Hopefully that will continue. The cocktails in the evening, well they are going to be a weekend only thing if at all. Getting rid of every empty calorie I can will only serve to help me even more.
  So as you see I have my mind set in the right direction and I have a plan in place, and I am ready to go. I have my shopping list made, my menu for the week is planned, and my exercise routine is already happening. I am ready to do this. I am ready to feel good about myself once again, I am ready to no longer be embarrassed about how I look, and most of all I am ready to have energy and to feel 100%.
 This is me now, too heavy for my own good.


Hopefully in 21 days there will be less of me.
 I will be getting ready for the Photography exhibit that is happening in June,  and I have a quilt I want to finish before summer is here, as busy as I am going to be maybe I won't even notice I am on a diet.
   

Comments

  1. I am so happy you have decided to do this for yourself! You deserve good health. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda, it isn't as easy as I had hoped but it is working.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts