Saturday, October 25, 2014

fall Colors & Spicy Dessert!


 Good Saturday afternoon and a very good Saturday it has been. With the sun shinning and the day turning warm I rushed through my chores and flew to my car. I have a project I am working on and today was the perfect day to go on a hunt for my subjects. I found a few as well as some beautiful fall colors. the colors I can share but the project isn't ready yet.
 As hard as I tried to get lost on the road today I just kept finding myself. The colors were so vibrant I had a hard time keeping my eyes on the road. Good thing I was using back roads with little or no traffic. As always a ride like that brings about a calm serenity with in me allowing me to just open up and enjoy. I do some of my best thinking then and always come back home energized ready to face what ever comes my way.
 Today what was coming my way was this post. I spent my drive thinking about what I wanted to write today. A very pleasant way to spend my ride,thinking about chocolate cake and ice cream. 

  As you may recall when I started playing once again in my kitchen I was trying 2 recipes from an old Bisquick cook book. The first was a peach cobbler that was just so so. Not bad really just not great. Well the 2nd recipe was for a chocolate and cinnamon cake. The idea of chocolate and cinnamon used together sounded almost sexy so I gave it try. The cake itself was beyond dry but the flavor was so awesome. spicy and full of flavor. I love the little bit of bite each mouthful gave you. I like the combination so much that I will try this again with a different chocolate cake recipe.

  I am going to share the recipe with you even being what I consider a flop. someone better then me at baking may know how to make the recipe into a moist rich and happy dessert.
Chocolate Cinnamon Dessert
 1 1/3 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa 
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
3 tbsp butter or margarine softened
1 pt Vanilla Ice Cream
Chocolate Cinnamon Sauce
Preheat oven to 350
 Blend all ingredients except ice cream and sauce with a mixer on low for 1/2 then beat 4 minutes more on medium speed.
 Pour into greased & floured square pan 8 inch
Bake 30 to 40 minutes until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
 Chocolate Cinnamon sauce
 Mix 1 cup chocolate sauce with 1 tsp cinnamon.
 In the end I threw the cake away and used the very tasty chocolate cinnamon syrup on ice cream. Vanilla, chocolate, and cinnamon who knew it would be such a winning combination.

 As I leave you today let me share my favorite fall color combinations. Standing under the tree leaves blowing all around me taking pictures. There are very few moments in life better then this.


 Have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for stopping by.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short and Sweet!

                        Busy Busy Busy, that would be me !    The weekend was filled with family, friends, games and lots of good food. We w...