Wednesday, October 22, 2014

More From the Kitchen


 Spending the afternoons playing in the kitchen really does have its benefits. Number one being some real good food. Don't get me wrong I have made a few stinkers too. some bland recipes and one recipe that no matter what I did I just couldn't make it work. Mostly however We have been enjoying some really good dishes. like the one I am sharing with you today.
  So far this recipe has to be my favorite.An exotic twist to an old favorite. So much wonderful flavor, the texture is perfect rich and warm, the aroma so inviting. With a good crusty bread this soup makes the best cold day dinner. 

  To make this heaven in a bowl all you need are a few simple ingredients, a crock pot and 6 hours to let it cook. There is very little prep work making this not only the best bean soup it is also the easiest. 
   Curry Lentil Soup
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 large sweet potato (about 1 pound), diced into ½ inch cubes
  • 1½ cups dried brown lentils
  • 1 large diced tomato
  • 6 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • ½ tbsp. fresh grated ginger
  • ½ tbsp. Ancho chili powder
  • 2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 tsp. curry powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • ½ tsp. pepper
  • 2 tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
  •   Put everything but the lime juice in a crock pot and cook undisturbed on high for 6 hours. Stir in lime juice and serve warm.
  •   I got this recipe from a blog I found on the site Food Foto Gallery. I tried to follow the recipe exactly as written only I didn't have a few things on hand so I subbed a little here and there. Above is how and what I used to make this recipe and below is a link to the blog and recipe I was following.
  • Curry Lentil Soup

  

  •  Happy Wednesday! thank you for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Living

    Here it is Thursday already. I swear, you blink and weeks go by.      I can't say anything exciting happened this week. I have been ...