Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Year and A New Out Look On Life!

I have decided it is time for me to get off  my rear end and rejoin life again. Don't get me wrong I have been living life for this past year just not the way I think I should be. Instead of feeling held back and put upon, instead of just sitting in front of the TV moping about what have you, I am going to remove the weight from shoulders and break lose of what ever it is that is holding me back and feel free to fly. 
    I guess you can say I made a resolution for the year 2014. Well I didn't mean to believe me. I never make resolutions not sure why I just never have. Hopefully this one will be easy to keep.
    For Christmas I begged not asked, begged for a camera that was a step or 3 up from a point and shoot allowing me to have a chance at taking better pictures and capturing food and nature at it's finest. If you know me or followed my blog when I was being faithful to it, then you know I am happiest with the camera in my hand. Even with my point and shoot I was taking some beautiful pictures, so to my way of thinking with a better camera I will get even more beautiful photos.  I did a lot of research and price comparing and then set the lap top in Bill's hands and crossed my fingers. When Christmas morning came and no gift was under the tree I didn't even bat an eye because I knew it was coming but thanks to weather and other issues UPS had dropped the ball and my camera would be late.  I will admit Christmas eve when I have my big dinner I was disappointed but as my son pointed out it is what it is and at least I was getting the camera I wanted. 
   Getting the camera wasn't my only gift, my 5 1/2 year old Granddaughter gave me the best gift of all when she asked Santa to get her a real sewing machine not a toy so she could learn to sew with her Grandmama, yes that would be me and yes Santa made a special appearance at my house to drop off a very special gift to Madeline and Grandmama. I beamed she Beamed and told anyone who would listen that Santa had been to see her and with a clap of her hands she would announce to bring her a sewing machine. No matter how many memories we make together sitting at our sewing machines this is a memory that will always stand out the most, My sweet Madeline in her pretty Christmas dress clapping her hands together smiling that perfect little smile of hers telling the world she got a sewing machine. Nope I didn't get a single picture but I will never forget. Never.
   Mom still lives here with us and I need to be home with her more then not, however that does not mean I need to sit in my robe and jammies all day watching TV with her. In talking to friends I have come to realize that over the last year I had lost the drive and discipline it takes to maintain a blog and I have been sorely missing my blog. I have had a running blog in my head all year long I just never seemed to find the time to get it to paper so to speak, and well I really really was not doing anything else. So to get me started on my non resolution I will be bringing my sewing machine down from the attic when I take the Christmas stuff up. I will not be sitting on the couch in front of the TV.I will read rather then watch another movie I have already seen 10 times. I will be taking pictures and a walk every day, bad weather I will walk camera less. I will be writing a blog everyday about something, food, walking, dishing, whatever comes to mind at the time. And last but not least I will be dressed before 11:00 am everyday( I got to have some Jammie time).
  So now I have put my non resolution into writing. It doesn't sound so bad sounds like I am letting a little fun and living back into my life. It also sound like a resolution that is not meant to be broken, and to find out if I am keeping it all you need to do is come by here each day and read about it.
  I have taken just short of 200 photos  with my new Camera and I am very pleased with the results. Even some of my bad shots are better then some of my good ones with a point and shoot. So today I am going to leave you with a few of what I feel are my best so far.





Thanks for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit. Feel free to comment just remember while I read and like your comments I am unable to leave comments in return. Not sure why it is a google thing 

No comments:

Post a Comment