Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dinner in the Summer Time/Hoosier pork chop supper

This is a cook book I collected some where along the way at one yard sale or another. I was going to use this cook book in a cook book swap I participated in a year ago or so. I am so glad I didn't. I have made a few good dinners thanks to this book. Last nights dinner was no exception.
This recipe is my favorite kind of recipe. Everything all in one large skillet simmered together low and slow. The pork chops hiding under that colorful mess of vegetables came out so tender and full of flavor. The aroma that flowed through the air when I took off the lid was just heavenly making your mouth water and your tummy growl.
Such an easy recipe,a few basic ingredients, one large skillet and you end up with a master piece for dinner.
The flavor was as heavenly  as the aroma had promised. The pork chop melted in your mouth. The  potatoes, carrots, peas, and tomatoes were a delicious combination of taste and texture.The juices from the meat and tomatoes cooked into a rich and hearty broth that added the finishing touch to this dish. 
  Colorful and full of flavor this dish makes a wonderful comfort food on a cold winters night, or a nice and easy dinner on a hot summer night. 
  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short and Sweet!

                        Busy Busy Busy, that would be me !    The weekend was filled with family, friends, games and lots of good food. We w...