Sunday, May 5, 2024

Small surprises , Satisfying results, We got Birdies/Whats For Dinner

 


It has been a whirlwind of a week. On Wednesday I was feeling behind the eight ball for sure. I wasn't sure if I was going to achieve it all. Now it is 12:00 am Sunday and I am beat and looking forward to a day with no obligations what so ever. I am also smiling like the cat that got the canary. 

  Life is never perfect or smooth running, well not if you are me and you are living my life, but for the most part it is good, and always an adventure. This past week was almost completely smooth sailing. While I worried I had bitten off more than I could chew,I was accomplishing task after task in the order I wanted to complete them and in the time frame I had set for myself. I was about to say you couldn't ask for more, and I wasn't looking for more, but I was happy that not only was I getting those blessings, I was also being blessed with everything working like it should, no real hiccups or frustrations, simply smooth sailing. I knocked on wood after writing this, make no mistake about that. I appreciate weeks like that and want them to continue for as long as possible.

  Every day this week was beautiful so I made time each day to take BowD and do a long walk. No camera just BowD myself and my phone tuned to a local radio station. It is a wonderful way to spend an hour. On one of those days we walked to my favorite end of Old Forge Lake. ( I will get pictures on another walk) It is a nice walk and you can actually get to the waters edge without falling in. This is where I got the nice little surprise, and thank goodness for phones so I can share it with you. At the edge of the water while BowD was sniffing to his hearts content and I was looking out over at the other side of the lake at the trees when something in the water near the shoreline caught my attention. I didn't have my glasses so I really wasn't sure what I was seeing, at first I thought frog, then thought nah just a piece of wood, then it was yep that is a frog. What ever it was it hadn't moved in all this time and I was past curious. I pulled up the phone and snapped a shot, 

   I was certainly looking at something not a stick, so pulling a reluctant BowD along I just kept walking closer and closer. Taking shots with each step. At this point I knew I was looking at a frog, but what a frog. This frog didn't flinch when BowD did a little sniff. The frog held its camouflage position so well BowD sniffed it and moved on not even realizing he had just sniffed another living being. I grabbed a few more shots put my phone back and just stopped and watched the frog. 



   It leaped onto the shore for half a second and then did a long dive back into the water, not showing itself again. Old Forge Lake is not only our biggest lake, it is the most beautiful and I love walking around it, finding little surprises like the frog just make it all the better.

  I made it to the Flea Market early Thursday morning as planned and stayed right to the end. I didn't set the world on fire, but I forgot the sunscreen and set my skin on fire. All in all it was not a bad way to get my feet wet. This week I am going to try a weekend flea market closer to the shore. I am thinking that should be fun and different then always staying close to home.

   Saturday was our community yard sale and I was ready for that as soon as the sun didn't shine. Yep it was cold, damp and cloudy  with the threat of rain hovering all day. Still I had a good day, in fact better then Thursday and easier too.I liked my set up so much I took a few pictures just to show and tell. 





  The high light of the day, was a biggie for me, not only did I sell, I sold multiple photos from my over flowing collection of photographs that I have taken over the years. I was told more than once today I should have a show and that I should put my work in selling galleries. Not a realistic goal, but it was super nice to hear it just the same. 

 Normally I sell and Bill is out buying more. He always says he is getting me more inventory, but he really likes getting out there looking for the bargains. It was no different Saturday except he didn't get me inventory he got me a full length wood frame mirror on a tilt base.

    I love that man more than words can say sometimes.

 I also have some very thoughtful friends. After the sale I heard from a few of them, would I like to come look at what they had left to add to my inventory. It may not sound like much of a surprise but for me it is the best kind. Unexpected and so very helpful.

  The pillows I was making for a friend, were finished and delivered on time, and she was very pleased with them, making me happy.


   In between all that sewing, packing, unpacking and selling I found time for game night with the girls and a couple evenings at the gym. All in all a pretty darn good week.

 Oh and the babies are here. I haven't seen them, but we know they are there. Mamma is sitting different, a little more protective of the area near and around the nest, and the shells are scattered on the porch. I have a few shots of babies born on Saturday, but they aren't my babies. One of my friends with left over yard sale stuff also has a nest on her porch .


   This nest is out in the open compared to the one on my porch and low enough that with out stepping close to the nest I was able to get pictures. I imagine this is what the babies in my nest look like as well.

   Whats For Dinner: 

   This is an oldie but a goodie and has so many different possibilities.  I simply call this the ring. I got the idea from another person here on line. She has an amazing amount of recipes and almost all of them are 5 star blue ribbon keepers. She is a down home cook, not a professional, or an on line personality and I felt lucky to find her and her daily cooking ideas.  

The Ring

The ingredients in my ring this time, potato ham onion and cheese. Always cheese for me. I am guessing the ingredients in the only completed ring I found a photo of is centered around home grown yellow squash and cheese.


As you see in the link the original recipe isn't called a ring and is all about the veggie.( click the just a pinch link to get the full recipe. Copy me that didn't catch it all.) I am sure you can see just how versatile this idea is. I find it hard to call this a recipe it is more of a method and a very good method at that. Simple easy and all in one pan. If you have the time, check out Lynn's recipes I will lay donuts to dollars you find more then one that tickles your fancy.

 After a slow start this morning, (yep I gave up and went to bed before this was done) I am finally putting the finishing touches to this edition of It's All About Life and sending it out to you.



    Have a great Week, and I hope you visit again!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life isn't always a dish of ice cream

   Welp I went, I wasn't sure I wanted to go, I was so afraid to go. I knew I wasn't going to like anything I heard, and that stayin...