Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Getting Old the New Young

 

    Oh boy am I breathing a little easier today. So much goodness has happened in the last few days I am not sure where to begin. That doesn't mean I am not going to try.

 The appointment for Social Security is not only made, but done. I wish it was more and I will be struggling to make ends meet, but at least getting all my social security ducks in a row and swimming in the right direction is all taken care of. I can now focus on my new adventure, what I fondly call " Surviving Getting Old."

   Just as I was about to give up on my potholders selling the phone rang, and I was in business. Russo's is the farm market I was hoping would get me started in selling my own creations, and that is who called. She didn't take just a couple she took them all and at the price I was asking. I shop at Russo's all the time and have enjoyed the experience so much I recommend them often to friends and family,I am so happy that she agreed to buy them and display them in the market. 








They look so nice, I had to keep myself from doing a little jig when I saw how perfectly lovely my work is displayed. I tell you I walked up to one display and said " Oh look how cute." then realized I was looking at my own potholders nestled into the display.

  Since last writing I have indeed made it to the Gym 3 times. I go alone if no one is available to join me and it is getting easier to just let lose and dancercise by myself. I am beginning to put a routine together that makes me feel like I am accomplishing something even if I am not dropping inches and pounds by the second. I am amazed at how easily the movement is coming back to me. I do stop at certain parts of the tape, saying to myself " nope not doing that" but for the most part my body is completely on board with all the movement. No pictures please!

  Remember the 18 baskets of soap I put togetherI had a blast giving them out.

   I gave the majority to family at our dinner on Easter Saturday the reactions were better than I hoped for. While still handing baskets to people I am walking by others digging into their baskets oohing and aahing and commenting that they got this or that. Each basket was slightly different so not everyone got the same thing, and I gave them out randomly so I had no idea who got what. It was fun watching them unbury and look at or smell  all their treasures with pleasure . I was too busy enjoying the moment to worry about photos so there are none. I had 7 baskets left and on Easter morning I snuck around and dropped them at different houses in the neighborhood, my reasoning in choosing the houses were pretty simple. 1,) just to brighten their day, 2) they are good neighbors, 3) Happy Anniversary 55yrs 4) I am happy to get to know you. 5 & 6 were sorry for the flipping hard year you just had and number 7) I am sohappy we still are enjoying being friends. Of the 7 baskets only 4 people actually figured out who the bunny was. I love love love giving gifts and the best are the unexpected ones. Giving anonymously is even better, you may not see the reaction but you know it was unexpected and most likely brought a  small smile that could last all day , and knowing you helped give that kind of pleasure is an awesome feeling.

   The challenge this week in one of my photo groups is getting to know your camera, use setting and options that you haven't or often ignore. Part of this groups challenges is they have to be photos taken during the week or month of the challenge , and that is always the biggest challenge for me, to just get out and shoot every week, with my camera not my phone. Nothing against the phone I just need to not be lazy and use the camera I have. I have played with or read about all the settings on the camera but not enough to say I know them well. I have a few favorites I use all the time and without much thought. Non stop shooting without framing and adjusting each shots is something I don't do. The five shots I am going to share will shed some light on why. 





    My subject was suppose to be both Bill and BowD, but BowD as you can see is almost not even in the frame. I am planning on using the stacking option on moving subjects as on of my get to know my camera challenges along with using the night shooting option and my macro lens. I love flower shots and mine never measure up. 


  In a more critical group I participate in the criticism is always the same, too soft ( still not sure what that means) not sharp enough, not clear enough and the background is often to distracting, it doesn't matter how many times I hear FREEFLIGHT ( a vote against keeping a photo in the feed) on one of my flower shots I don't give up.I will learn and eventually do perfect flower photography or I just won't stop trying. 



 

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog and will definitely check out your pot holders at Russo's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you enjoyed this. Please come back and read more. As I get going give aways do happen too.

      Delete
  2. Way to go-Grandma would be so proud to see your talent blooming! I make potholders just for myself or family. Have never thought of selling them. Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel her looking over my shoulder as I work. She always sold them to the church ladies and called it her egg money, that is where I got the idea. Thanks for reading, please keep it on reading.

    ReplyDelete

Just a little life/what's dinner?

   It is  Wednesday and as always I still have so much to do this week. I have achieved a good deal of what I planned for this week, but lik...