Saturday, August 23, 2014

Still Walking & Dinner

 On Wednesday I shared with you Madeline's view of Haddonfield NJ. Today I plan to share a little of my view of Haddonfield NJ.
   It was incredibly hard to not take pictures of Madeline taking pictures. As you browse through my pictures today I am sure you will get the idea I didn't resists very much.


 It was a beautiful day, perfect temperature, blue skies filled with fluffy white clouds and the sun shining bright.A day like that makes a stroll down the busy flower lined main street feel like one of life's guilty pleasures.




  I was just as enamored with the dinosaur as Madeline and took a few pictures of my own.




 There is a lot that we didn't see or do. Some things didn't open till the middle of the week and somethings there just wasn't enough time to get to. 





I will return before the fall season ends I am sure. 
 This little tea shop serves lunch and high teas. I am hoping someday a friend of mine will bring herself east and sit at one of those tables and enjoy afternoon tea with me.
Madeline's photo mine was not as crisply clear




 Yes Paula these pictures are just for you.
  I have been to some very interesting cemeteries before and this one was not a disappointment. The shady well kept paths were inviting and strangely welcoming to walk. The old stones that were worded so differently actually moved you back into time a little letting your imagination have a peek into the past.


 The double stones for the young brothers that past within days of one another had Madeline really thinking. She only asked why the stone had sheep carved on it.

 The family plot with the fancy stones had Madeline's attention too.

 Every angel in the cemetery had every inch photographed each wing, hand and in a few cases the eyes too.


 The white washed chapel is just so charming you can't help be drawn to it as you pass by.


  I have to agree with Madeline. What a good day. 
 " What Was Dinner " Dinner is a throw back. I went back to 08/23/2014 to see what was dinner and I am so glad I did.

 I had forgotten how good fresh tomatoes make chili taste. The pictures are from last year but I am not going to copy and paste the blog. I never make chili the same way twice anyway. Do you? How do you make chili?

 Me I start by heating a little cooking oil and cooking chopped onion and minced garlic until translucent and fragrant add your ground meat cooking until browned and crumbled.  Season with chili powder, cumin, cardamom, ancho chili powder, and black pepper. Adjusting the heat to suit the occasion. Add 1/2 cup water and let simmer 10 minutes. Add black beans rinsed and drained, red beans rinsed and drained. Depending on the season I use a large can of whole tomatoes or large fresh tomatoes. If I am using canned I squeeze the tomatoes as I put them in the pan. If it is fresh I quarter the tomatoes. I add water a little at a time so as not to drown the flavor. I add about a cup to a cup and a half water or beef broth bring it to a boil and then simmer uncovered about 30 minutes. Add more liquid if needed and continue to simmer 30 more minutes or so. 

As I said I never do it the same twice but this is my basic starting point and this alone makes a good bowl of chili.
    Have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for stopping by.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment