Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Winning Photo, Spring has Sprung and Dinner


 Yesterday I dropped off the mason jar of money to The Animal Welfare Association. The pretty young lady at the front desk took the jar, graciously allowed me to get a picture of her and gave a bright and cheery  thank you. Thanks to poor timing on my part I arrived 30 minutes before they are open to the public so I didn't get to go see Jodi, like I was hoping. I wanted pictures to share and a chance to see her again but that wasn't happening, it took an hour and a half to get to the shelter because of a traffic jam on 73, so for me 1 trip was enough. The AWA has grown by leaps and bounds over the last 8 years. I remember when Bill and I first found the shelter. We were on our way to another shelter when I saw a small sign that I barely had a chance to read but enough of a chance to see the word adoptions.  There was a dirt drive and a small dirt parking lot, 1 meet and greet kennel and walking paths for the dogs. Now the parking lot is bigger and paved, as well as the driveway. There are still walking paths and more meet and greet kennels, and the sign is much bigger now. There is a clinic now and for the first time a summer camp for children. Yes leaps and bounds. Still with all that progress there are daily needs that never stop, and for them donations like the one they got yesterday help keep things flowing. So thank you for your vote I had fun planning this, collecting the change, and watching the vote, most of all I enjoyed getting to help a little. You can bet I will run another give away again for who, what, or how I have no idea yet. In time it will come to me.
   Spring has sprung here and my camera is getting a work out. Things change from day to day,new things pop up and things that had already popped open up even more, where the was only one the day before now the bush is full. All requiring a picture.















 I am happy with the results I am getting photo wise and I am loving being outside so much. My flower beds are getting weeded and cleaned up, my baby (sail boat ) is all cleaned and decorated ready to be planted with herbs and some flowers.

 Bill turned the big garden all the way out back and this weekend I think we will be getting that ready for planting.

 I have little leaves coming up in my seedling trays, not all are up but some.

 Yes indeedy spring has sprung.
   " What Was Dinner" Dinner was what delicious, I have to pat myself on the back for this one. I shot from the hip and kept it simple. No recipes needed. I made oven fried BBQ chicken. This dish is a keeper in my house. I seasoned the chicken, (I had legs but any thing will work for this) and then placed the meat on a baking sheet with a lip lined with parchment paper. On the bottom rack bake at 425 until just about done, when the meat is just starting to pull from the bones. Remove the chicken from the oven and place in a bowl big enough to move them around.

 I use " Sweet Baby Rays" barbecue sauce, use your favorite. Pour enough barbecue sauce on the chicken in the bowl to completely cover each piece of meat. place a meat rack on the baking sheet leaving the parchment paper on the pan for easy clean up.

 Place the chicken on the rack and return to the oven on the bottom rack and continue to cook until the meat is cooked through. I served this with Baked beans, and a salad of tomato, onion, egg, mushroom, and avocado on top of lettuce. 

Finger licking good, right down to the last bite. 
    Happy Wednesday! Thank you for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Love seeing your experiments with depth of field!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice donation! All I can say is WOW on your photos. Amazing shots. It just goes to prove that practice and determination pays handsomely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda I am having so much fun. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bd, you have helped so much and I thank you for your help. I am having so much fun learning. I am so glad you keep following along and helping when you can.

    ReplyDelete