Monday, July 16, 2012

Dinner in the Summer Time 07/15/2012

I spent the entire day in the kitchen yesterday, and only 30 minutes at most was spent on dinner. I cleaned that kitchen so many times yesterday and still this morning it looked like a bomb went off in there.
  The crock pot did most of the work for me yesterday. I rubbed a pork roast in a rub made of things like taco seasoning,curry, chili powder,cardamom, cumin, and a pinch or 2 of cayenne pepper. I put the roast in the crock pot with about a 1/2 cup of liquid, turned it on high covered the pot with the lid and basically forgot about it till an hour before dinner. Oh I did turn the crock pot to low half way through the cooking time. So an hour before dinner I started the rice  cooking and I started a pan of black beans at the same time to make sure they were nice and soft when I was ready for them. 
 The pork just fell into pieces as I took it out of the crock pot.
I can't express it enough how much I like brown rice.
 There is no picture of the beans because I took a real bad picture and I am not showing it. 
   So once all the food was ready I assembled it all on  soft tortilla shells with shredded cheddar and green onion.Then I rolled all this yummy goodness into  burritos. I topped the burritos with a sauce made from the liquid in the crock pot, sour cream and a small sprinkling of cheese.
                              Absolutely spectacular.  
I didn't plan it but I can't help notice that both dinner and dessert were roll ups. Rolled right into deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Living!

       It is Thursday already! where did the Week go? I can't believe how fast time flies some times.        I spent time in the sewing...