Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Dressing Up The Mashed!


 What do you do with leftover mashed potatoes? Me if it is only enough for one I warm them up in the microwave melt lots of butter on them and have them for lunch. If there is almost or enough for a second dinner I normally just add a little cream or milk and heat them up on the stove top,if need be I add a freshly mashed potato to the mix to make enough to go around. They taste just as good as they did the first time around so good in fact most people wouldn't even know they were eating left over potatoes.
  The other night we were having leftover mashed potatoes and as I started to put them in the pan I got an idea and decided to dress em up a little. Since there is loaded baked potatoes, and loaded french fries, I know there must such a thing as loaded mashed potatoes. If there isn't there is now.
 I had bacon already cooked on hand making it even easier to take my leftovers to the next level. 

 All I needed to do was slice some cheese and green onions and I was all set to decorate. I spayed a baking dish and heated the oven to 400.I mixed about a 1/4 cup of chicken broth in my leftover potatoes to loosen them up and make them creamy then I spread the potatoes evenly in the pan. I topped the potatoes with thin slices of provolone cheese, the green onion and bacon. I put it all in the oven for 20 minutes until the cheese was melted and the potatoes hot through. ( Note to self leave green onions off until after cooking) Let sit a minute or two and serve warm. 

 This is what I call comfort food at it's finest.Just a little hind sight here but I think some brown gravy would have sent this dish right through the roof. Now I think of it! 
 Have a happy Wednesday! Thank you for stopping by.  
My assignment yesterday was street. This is what I did. I was on an over pass looking through a chain link fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Living!

       It is Thursday already! where did the Week go? I can't believe how fast time flies some times.        I spent time in the sewing...