Saturday, August 2, 2014

Garden Bounty, Death & Dinner

 Death is a part of life, it happens every day and is all around us, but when it touches you even remotely life is sadder. Death has touched my life this weekend a friend and fellow fester has passed away. He wasn't old by any means but he had been ill for a long while. I hadn't seen him in the last 2 years so I can only guess he was just too tired to continue on. I will always remember how happy and easy going he was, The cheery way he greeted you, the big smile, and the music that he made. The last time I saw him he was in a wheel chair and we were attending another fest family members final farewell, even still his smile was just as big and his greeting as happy and loving as always. My life was better for knowing him I will miss him greatly.

 Rest in peace Bruce I hope and pray your in a better place where the music never ends and there is no more pain.
   We are expecting heavy rains this weekend so we did a massive picking in the garden yesterday evening to prevent the rain from ruining the produce.



 Vegetables always make great pictures. It must be all the colors and texture.
  " What Was Dinner " Dinner was simple and easy and not photo worthy. What was photo worthy was Madeline preparing the beans she had picked for our dinner.

 Please excuse the messy kitchen in the background I wasn't planning on a photo shoot. The green beans were so fresh and so good with the rest of dinner.

We enjoyed pork chops perfectly done on the grill and golden beets cooked in a foil pack on the grill and the deliciously steamed green beans.The green beans while normally good were the best because Madeline picked them and prepared them for steaming.

 Just Grandmama's pride shinning through I am sure.
   Have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for stopping by.
  

8 comments:

  1. Friends and loved ones may pass but memories never die. The memories you are making with Madeline are precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she thinks so as the years pass. You are right he has passed but the memories will never leave me.

      Delete
  2. She's getting so big! She will cherish her memories of you in the kitchen. So sorry for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hop I am giving her memories that will last a life time and make her smile and feel love always. Thank you, he has left this world but not my heart. I will miss him but I know he is not hurting anymore and that makes this bearable.

      Delete
  3. So sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking to lose those we love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes my heart is hurting over this, but I am taking solace from the knowledge that Bruce will no longer hurt and his music will play on forever.

      Delete
  4. Joey, I'm So sorry to hear you lost a dear friend. I know exactly how you feel and how hard it is on the heart. I've lost two very close long time friends in the past two weeks. One to cancer and so my heart was a little prepared for his death. The Saturday morning another one our long time friends had a massive heart attack while cleaning his pool. We are all in shock as he was only 57 and no previous heart problems, both these men were my brother's best friends. Death can come at any time and we all need to remember to cherish every moment with our loved ones as if it was the last. The memories of all our decades of good times is a true blessing, thank goodness we don't ever lose that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the response. I am so sorry you lost friends so close to you It is hard but yes the decades of memories will never fade and I am happy for them.

      Delete