Saturday, July 26, 2014

Nothing & Dinner

 Good Saturday morning to you. It is grey and cool here today and some what quiet after three days with Madeline. Yes three fun filled busy days. My camera never came out of it's bag and we only left the house and yard when we had to,but we were still busy little bees running races, picking vegetables, rolling on the floor laughing, and dancing. Always dancing even we are walking she is dancing. 
  This year I am not going to attend the Philadelphia Folk Festival. The first time in at least 20 years I won't be there. It must be weighing on my mind a little because for the past few night my dreams have centered around the fest and my inability to get there. I am always running trying to get there and the fest just gets farther and farther away. I wake up so exhausted after this dream and last night was no different. This morning all I can think about is how inviting this grey cool weather is for a napping. My house says no nap and so does the garden but boy I would much rather be napping. 
  As my title suggest I got nothing new or exciting to write about. Just a little peek at my everyday uneventful happy life.
 " What Was Dinner " One of the times Madeline and I needed to leave the house was to go to Dzia's cousins house to pick zucchini from his garden. He had some different verities from what I grew and I was excited to try some.

 For this dinner I tried the zucchini he called a Brice. This is also called a round zucchini, no matter what name you put to it you will have to agree it is delicious. I cut the zucchini in half and stuffed it. I knew from the get go I was going to stuff this little baby I just wasn't sure how. I was juggling two ideas around in my head. In the end I picked traditional stuffing with the addition of curry powder to the seasoning topped with cheese. 

  This is how I made the zucchini 
  1 round zucchini cut in half from stem to bottom
4 cups dry bread cubes
1 egg beaten
3/4 liquid such as broth
2 stalk celery finely chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
4 cloves garlic minced
1/2 stick butter
1 tablespoon each
fresh dried sage
fresh dried basil
fresh dried oregano
1 or 2 teaspoons curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
 Turn on the grill or oven and heat them up. Remove the seeds from the zucchini and place flesh side down on a baking dish. Place in hot oven or grill and let cook until about 1/2 way cooked.( I didn't do this and it took too long to cook) Melt butter in a skillet and add onion, celery, and garlic cook until tender and translucent. Add spices and herbs and mix together. Add liquid and simmer. Mix beaten egg into the bread cubes in a large bowl. Stuff each half of zucchini with stuffing mixture. Heap it on. There will be left over stuffing. Place squash in baking dish and place in a hot oven or grill and bake until squash is completely tender. About 30 minutes. Add the cheese about half way through the cooking.

  This was so so good and made a great side dish. I have one more Brice and I am going to try stuffing it with my other idea this week.
 Have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Living!

       It is Thursday already! where did the Week go? I can't believe how fast time flies some times.        I spent time in the sewing...