Sunday, September 23, 2012

Relaxing in the yard or A chicken nugget kind of weekend

Its the weekend and we didn't really feel like making dinner and we definitely did not want take out  and sitting out back with a fire sounded so much better then a restaurant. I had a Brisket in the crock pot but that wouldn't be ready for hours.(an improper working crock pot made it days before the Brisket was ready) So anyway we still needed to eat. I scrounged around the kitchen looking for tasty quick and easy. I found it in the freezer and the crisper. Popcorn chicken in a salad of baby spinach, cucumbers, Shredded cheddar cheese and tomatoes. I topped that off with blue cheese dressing and hot sauce. I took the bowls of yummy goodness out to the fireside where we sat and enjoyed the night. So much better then take out or a restaurant.
 Saturday night was pretty much a repeat of Friday night, fire, cocktails, and chicken nuggets. Only this time I served them with some left over Mac&Cheese. I heated it up in the oven with some shredded cheese sprinkled on top and while that was heating up the nuggets were cooking as well. Earlier in the day we had burritos made with shredded brisket, spinach,and shredded horseradish cheese  Yummy yummy. A little mac&cheese with chicken nuggets were all we needed. Except for the cake. I made a 3 layer cake and then realized I didn't have what I needed for the frosting. So today I will be frosting a 2 layer cake. 
What a great way to enjoy the perfect September evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small surprises , Satisfying results, We got Birdies/Whats For Dinner

  It has been a whirlwind of a week. On Wednesday I was feeling behind the eight ball for sure. I wasn't sure if I was going to achieve ...