Friday, July 13, 2012

Dinner In The Summer Time 07/12/2012

Today was just one of those days. It started last night just before I went to bed and rolled right into this morning. I missed placed my glasses last night and no matter how hard I looked I couldn't find them. I got up extra early this morning hoping to find them and still have time to write my blog before work. No such luck, I  looked all morning until I had to give up and get ready for work. Before I hit the shower I went to make the bed, and you know how people always say " you will find them in the last place you look" , well not this time this time they were in the first place I didn't look. When I went to tuck Bill in last night and kiss him goodnight I laid my glasses on the window sill and forgot all about them. I never looked near the bed,I just looked on the dressers and floor. So when I went to tie back the curtains there they were just staring at me as if to say "hey I have been looking for you".  I have the ailment known as C.R.S.(can't remember sh**t) and last night as well as this morning it was working over time.
    Last nights dinner was well worth writing about. I had one more head of cauliflower that needed to be used and the Mac&Cheese gave me another idea. I made tomato sauce and spicy sausage and used the cauliflower as the pasta. It was beyond good. So far that is 5 for 5 when it comes to substituting cauliflower for starch. Mashed cauliflower rocks, cauliflower potato salad is good, cauliflower gratin is also good. Mac&Cheese was a tasty dish, and now red sauce and sausage over cauliflower Yummy. I asked Bill what was better pasta or the cauliflower and he replied pasta of course, but this is really good and you can make it again.
  All I did was make a red sauce and cook hot Italian sausage as I normally do.
http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/sauce-spread/gravy/tomato-sauce-gravy-as-taught-to-me.html?p=41
 I cooked the cauliflower as I would pasta, not as al dente as pasta but not to soft. A butter knife  cut through a floret easily with out the floret crumbling.I Drained the cauliflower real real well so it wouldn't water down the sauce. Once everything  was ready I plated it like I would spaghetti. You can top with cheese if you like. I didn't use cheese and didn't think I was missing any thing.

This dish was so pretty to look at I had to share more then one view with you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Living!

       It is Thursday already! where did the Week go? I can't believe how fast time flies some times.        I spent time in the sewing...