Sunday, January 1, 2017

Un-blocked?

Lately the urge to write has been banging at the back of my brain. The urge is vague and unclear ,but it is there no doubt about it. Writing, spinning a tale are heavily upon my thoughts.
      I started my blog on a new years day; so it seems fitting I try my hand at the key board on the same day many years later. Technically it is now the 2nd of January and the I have had a glass or two of cheer, but that doesn't change the fact that my desire for writing has been nipping at my heels. 
  So what do I write about? Really what? I have a short story going that needs the middle finished, and the end started. I am just drawing a blank; well not a blank really I have ideas, I just can't get them from my head to the key board to the screen. So it has been no writing from me about anything. At last, just now as I type this I  understand,  I need to finish the story, I need to wrap it up and complete my project. I am a quilter and unlike most quilters I can't start a new project until I finish the first project. In other words I can't start a new quilt until the other quilt is finished, it is the same with writing, I can't write about anything until I finish my story, until my heroine and hero find their ends. I can blurb a small comment here and there but I can't start something new until I finish the old. 
  I truly miss spinning my stories, be it food, photography, my travels through life , or a story I just made up, I miss spilling out a portrait  of words .  So while I am not making a New Year Resolution I am making a New Year Wish ; For ideas and a clear path to finish the old, so I can bring forth the new with the magic of words and photographs. 
     Kind of a new years resolution ; yes ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Living!

       It is Thursday already! where did the Week go? I can't believe how fast time flies some times.        I spent time in the sewing...