Monday, August 11, 2014

The Weekend in Pictures & Dinner,


A lovely Monday is brewing here. A good day to hang the laundry and play in the yard. And that is just what I am going to do.
 As promised I kept very busy all weekend doing a little of everything. Starting with picking in the garden.

 My niece and her family came and visited Saturday joining us in the garden for picking


  then helping in the kitchen as I tried my hand at canning one more time.


I took many pictures of the family in the garden and kitchen I just didn't get permission to share.
  Saturday night I was once more hunting the moon. I didn't go far just out back on the deck.







 I got so many good pictures I had to restrain myself from sharing them all.
 Sunday we worked on the hot peppers turning them into chili sauce for canning and cooking down more tomatoes for sauce, I froze the tomato sauce in mason jars this time and we got 2 1/2 quarts. It is going to be a tomato kind of winter. While all that goodness simmered and heated the house I kept busy in the back yard doing some much needed weeding. A perfect Sunday. I looked for the super moon and never found it. I did get some nice pictures of the beautiful evening sky.

   " What Was Dinner " Dinner was a night out. We enjoyed an evening with friends at their house. I was a polite guest and left the camera in the bag. That doesn't mean it wasn't worth a photo because it was, I just think sometimes it is a bigger compliment to just sit down and dig in. I love a well cooked ham and that is just what we had. Ham, broccoli, really delicious roasted potatoes and a mixed green salad. Simple and completely enjoyable. I did make a nice dish for Mom before we went out and I intended to photograph it, only it made it to lunch before I took my shot. I will share the link for the recipe and I will say I made it as written except I herbed it up and added onion.
Pasta with bacon
  Next time I will add grape or cherry tomatoes, not diced because I don't want a tomato sauce. I thought the dish was very good. Good enough to make again.
  Have a Cheery Monday and thank you for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment