Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Another Walk Around The Yard & Dinner

 Wednesday is looking all bright and beautiful. Madeline comes today and I am all ready to play. My chores are done the garden tended and my post is rolling nicely out of my head. Like I said I am ready.
  Yesterday evening I was looking out the window at my colorful beautiful yard and realized I hadn't taken a walk with my camera in a long while. I don't like taking it out when I am doing yard work or in the garden so I have been more without my camera than with. Realizing this I decided to change that and go for a walk.
  The setting sun was just perfect dancing on the flowers and plants lighting them up like jewels in the sand. Every where you look there are waves and waves of color and the yard is filled with the sweet scent of Star Gazers and roses.



 I played with different focus points and angles. I tried to catch and use the setting sun to my advantage.









 I am more then pleased with my results. I had a very hard time picking my selection today. I am even more proud to say that all the photos you are looking at today are untouched. No editing what so ever.




 I love love love my camera. Thank you Sweet Dzia for the best Christmas present ever.
  The garden is doing so well and producing some very good vegetables. The cucumbers, egg plant, and zucchini have been plentiful and tasty.

 With so much coming in at once and wanting to enjoy it all fresh I have been enjoying the challenge of finding different ways to serve everything. 
Now it looks like the tomatoes are starting to turn red and about to add another wonderful taste to my table. 
 " What Was Dinner "  Well I did just say I was using my garden bounty and looking for different ways to serve them. Well I found a nice tasty way to use my zucchini and keep it on the light and healthy side.

 I didn't find the recipe on line or in a cook book, instead I stood in my kitchen and worked it out in my head. I call it Couscous and Zucchini with a lemon butter sauce. I am going to share the recipe but keep in mind that my measurements suit my family's taste and you should feel free to adjust things to suit your family's taste.

1 cup Couscous
vegetable or chicken broth
1/2 stick butter
2 small carrots sliced on an angle
1 celery stalk finely chopped
1 medium to large green zucchini sliced in moon shapes an inch thick
1 medium to large yellow zucchini sliced in moon shape an inch thick
12 leaves of lemon or sweet basil chopped
3 teaspoons lemon pepper
salt to taste
3 green onion chopped
1/2 stick butter
shake or 2 of lemon pepper
 Cook couscous as directed using the broth.Add basil to couscous once it is cooked and sitting. use a little olive oil to help keep the couscous from clumping. In a large nonstick skillet melt 1/2 stick butter be careful don't burn it, add Lemon pepper, celery and carrot to the pan. Saute until starting to get tender, add the zucchini and saute making sure all vegetables get coated with the butter. Cook to just tender and add the couscous and green onions. Mix up everything together and remove from heat. Cut butter into patties and scatter on top of couscous mixture, sprinkle butter with lemon pepper cover until butter melts. Give a final stir and serve warm.

  The light lemon flavor was a nice addition to the zucchini and the couscous turned the vegetables into comfort food.
  Happy Wednesday everyone! Thank you for stopping by.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Living!

       It is Thursday already! where did the Week go? I can't believe how fast time flies some times.        I spent time in the sewing...