Saturday, January 11, 2014

A good day to stay in and play!

Well yesterday was exactly that, a good day to stay in and play and that is just what I did. I played with my camera and my new Fiesta dutch oven.
   To wet and icy to take my camera outside I had to be content to take pictures from the open door or through a window. I just got brave enough to try the other lens I have for my camera and I wasn't letting a little icy rain stop me. So I set the camera up on the tripod and aimed out my front window playing with the settings with each shot until I got just 1 clear shot.

 Still aiming at the window I worked on capturing my nick knacks at their finest.

 I wanted to see just how far away I could get a clear clean picture with this lens and didn't want to wait for the rain to stop. The only way I could accomplish this and stay dry was to open the back door and set myself up there. I am very happy with the lens. It took 6 or 7 shots playing with the light settings with each click of the shutter but in the end I got a nice shot 150 feet or so away from the door.

 Well nice for me, I still have a lot to learn before I will get the great pictures I know I can.
  I spent a good part of my day in the kitchen cooking in my new dutch oven. I love to cook and create delicious little goodies, however I love it even more when I have a new toy or utensil. The dutch oven qualifies as a new toy, and yes I was like a kid at Christmas happy to be playing with my new toy.That brings us to "What was for dinner" As you read yesterday and today I planned my dinner so I could use my new dutch oven.

 Spaghetti with meat sauce was the winning dish. An easy flavorful dinner that everyone likes. Perfect for a Friday night. The onion and carrot cooked upped quickly and evenly with the addition of fresh garlic, mushrooms, and herbs and spices the house quickly smelled like Italian heaven. Next came the ground beef and that also browned up nice and even. Once all that was done in went the tomatoes and water on went the lid to simmer a few hours. What could be easier. Salad, crusty bread & butter spaghetti with meat sauce that was dinner.

  This morning continued the camera play time. I used the lighting system my son and daughter in law gave me for Christmas to take the photo of that beautiful plate of spaghetti your drooling over right now.
 Well it is off to the post office for me. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you come again. Have a wonderful Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short and Sweet!

                        Busy Busy Busy, that would be me !    The weekend was filled with family, friends, games and lots of good food. We w...