Friday, September 21, 2012

My Recipe? Maybe

 Part of this months activities with Allrecipe.com is to use al fresco all natural chicken sausage. To make a recipe from the Allrecipe site and to create a recipe. 
  I think the other night I created a recipe but I am not to sure now. I went to the store used my coupon and got a package of the sausage. I got buffalo style hoping Bill would like the spice in them. Last time we had this assignment Bill wasn't a fan. SO any way I come home and go on the AR page and search the recipes. No matter how I searched I couldn't find a recipe for buffalo style and no one else could either. In the end I decide to make them into sandwiches kind of a cross between sausage and peppers and a buffalo chicken cheese steak. So here is my recipe,
  the buffalo sausage 4 links cut into pieces on an angle
1 med onion cut into slices
1 red bell pepper cut into slices
1 green bell pepper cut into slices (I used a sweet green pepper we had from the garden)
1/4 to 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
3 tablespoons hot sauce (adjust to your taste)
fresh baby spinach
4 hoagie rolls
In a skillet heat up enough oil to just cover the bottom. Place the sausage in the heated skillet and cook until nicely browned on both sides. Add in the onion and pepper cooking until tender. Remove meat veggies from the heat and place in medium size bowl. Mix in blue cheese dressing and hot sauce. Mix everything together making sure all the meat gets coated. Toast you rolls if desired and then make a bead of spinach on the bottom half of the roll, place the sausage mixture on top of the spinach then place top half of the roll on. 
 Here is my sandwich
Now here is the recipe I found on al fresco's site after I had already made this sandwich.
Buffalo style chicken pasta
I hope that link takes you right to the recipe in question if not click on the buffalo style link and click on the title above.
Any way they are so close I am not sure if I created a recipe or not.
 What do you think? I would really like to hear your opinion about this so if you don't mind leave a comment.   
Disclaimer( The information and free al fresco products were provided by alfresco through the Allrecipe Allstar Brand Ambassadors program)
 By the way Bill really liked the sandwich I am pleased to say. He made comments like you can do this again and I hope there is enough for lunch tomorrow. There was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Living

    Here it is Thursday already. I swear, you blink and weeks go by.      I can't say anything exciting happened this week. I have been ...