Friday, June 1, 2012

What Was Dinner 05/31/2012

"Work is highly overrated" the first words out of Bills mouth when we got home from work last night. He is so happy to be back at work and he is sore,stiff and tired from being back at work. 
  This night most decidedly calls for his recliner,the remote and a good comfort meal,( Ok yes and a cocktail or 2) and I have just the ticket.
    A dish I like to call Dirty Rice. I tried something a little different this time,I used the cooking method from the Mexican rice earlier this week. First I browned what Bill called brat balls the casing came off when I was slicing the links and as they cooked the slices balled up. Bill really liked them he was making up recipes to use them in. Any way after I browned the meat I used the pan drippings to do the rice in. I didn't have onion so I used celery, red bell pepper and some canned diced tomato.For spice I used old bay seasoning,cayenne pepper,onion and garlic powder. I followed the directions for the rice and near the end I added the meat back in and a can of red beans drained. This was much quicker and easier then my normal way of making Dirty Rice. I like the quick clean up with just one pan as well.
 A simple salad served on the same plate and dinner was done.
  I have to say this is one of the best Dirty Rices I have ever made.I think I will be writing this into a recipe and adding it to my books.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Living!

       It is Thursday already! where did the Week go? I can't believe how fast time flies some times.        I spent time in the sewing...