Monday, April 8, 2024

Who says retirement is boring?

   

     Good Monday morning. Today is April 8th and an exciting day for some, for others it is just another Monday. I am in the latter group, no plans and no real desire to chase the eclipse. My camera will stay safely tucked away, even if at the last moment I get tempted to bring it out. I am not willing to chance ruining my camera for a rare shot, maybe even a  once in a lifetime opportunity , my phone however, well maybe. 

    I hope those of you that read. Testing! aren't too disappointed . Before I made the changes final I had to take her for a test run. Getting a new look was a 3 hour tour, and I have to admit a fun one. I was tired of my header and I wanted people to be able to comment if you wanted to without having to create or sign into an account.Hopefully I have that issue fixed. Really I just wanted a fresh look for my new adventures.

  It is finally time, I am about to embark down the road of being a denture wearer. I had my top teeth taken out in October and it has taken until now to get to the point that I can be fitted for my upper plate. This is super exciting for me. I had beautiful teeth, white and strong and pretty straight . I did what was needed to keep them, and I kept them 40 yrs longer than any dentist said I would, but gum disease still managed to take it's toll. For more than a few yrs now I walked around with not so pretty teeth and the most uncomfortable mouth.The delay in getting this done had to do with me being afraid and the amount of money it cost. Until one day my mouth left us no choice and I started the process. For most this would all be done and over by now. Most people yes, but  me however took longer to heal and then I had a bone sticking out that had to be dealt with before a fitting could happen let alone wearing a plate. In a week I go for my first fitting and then I don't know how long it will be but sooner rather then later I will be able to open my mouth when I smile, and actually chew my food. Yes, this is very exciting for me.

   The Challenge last week if you recall was " Get to Know Your Camera" I opted to work with the macro setting on my camera and the lens add on Bill gave me for Christmas a few years back. I used my sugar addiction for something other than eating and I am happy with the results I got.In all the shots I did my best to keep everything the same as much as possible, the lighting, position , and the distance between me and the plate. First off is something I knew but fuzzed out on, in manual setting my camera needs to be set to let in the most light possible in order to get close enough to get a true macro shot. It won't fire at very close range and all photos are dark, and or blurry.

  The macro setting on this camera, (a setting I never use, mostly because I am a manual setting snob), is slightly better just not exactly what I want to accomplish.


   Maybe it is the operator and not the setting. The add-on macro lens is one of the best Christmas presents I have gotten. It didn't have the best reviews but I asked for it anyway. The lens I don't bring it out often and I'm beginning to think I should because it is a helpful tool. 


  I can almost see the grains of sugar in that fudge. Yes it tasted just as good as it looks, requiring a heavy work out in the gym.

    Yep while I still am not dieting, I am going to the gym and really working out. I have the Body Groove CDs and I put together an ab and core routine all done on the floor, with 3 weight machines to finish it off. With the weather getting more pleasant walking is going to make a come back soon too.




   My hope is that dieting and giving up sugar just aren't needed.

       What a fun weekend, even the days leading into the weekend. Busy and fun. Exercise with a friend on Thursday, and we really pushed it out doing an entire CD and our floor routines.

Then Friday was dinner and game night with the girls. I always enjoy playing board games and talking crap with the girls, we laugh more than we play I am sure. Saturday was dinner and a show. Our local VFW does a great job of bringing entrainment to the community every so often, and this weekend was dinner with Elvis & Dean. Dinner was the typical fair, well done and nicely served with plenty of good food. The show was so enjoyable.The Dean Martin impersonation was the best. If you closed your eyes it was easy to believe he was actually Dean. 


   The special appearance from Jerry was hysterical and very well done. The work that was put into the skits showed with the perfect timing in the dance steps and songs. His Elvis on the other hand it was just okay. Still enjoyable, just not as good as Dean. All in all he put on a very entertaining show. Plus it is always a good night when you end it dancing, and we did. You know things are changing when you go for a night out, and you wrap up that night and are home by 9Pm. Bill said it as we pulled onto our street," Well at least it is dark out." 

   This weeks photography challenge is " Film Noir" I had to look this up, and I still am intimidated and not sure how to create this style. I love the challenge. Make me think, make me work, give me something out of my comfort zone, something different, it just wakes me up and gets me feeling energized. I can't wait to see what I come up with.

   I couldn't leave you without the recipe for the fudge. This recipe needs only 4 ingredients, 3 if you are out of or forget the vanilla extract. The recipe works every time you make it as long as you follow the timing. It isn't a suggestion it is

exact and it is what will make or break the fudge.Yummy Quick, easy and always a crowd pleaser, if it makes it to the crowd. My love for peanut butter fudge is deep seated and comes from years of Uncle Jimmy making peanut butter fudge every Christmas.

I hope you enjoy it.

     In all my time of writing this blog I never found a catchy way to end, no catch phrase or quirky saying, and I still haven't Sooooo. 

  Have a good day and I hope to see you next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a little life/what's dinner?

   It is  Wednesday and as always I still have so much to do this week. I have achieved a good deal of what I planned for this week, but lik...