Thursday, April 25, 2024

Just Living

  


Here it is Thursday already. I swear, you blink and weeks go by.

     I can't say anything exciting happened this week. I have been busy doing this that and the other. It seemed no matter how I had my day planned, it didn't go that way. Nothing wrong or drastic, just not as planned. Like I had planned to do a little house work on, I think it was Monday and then get in my sewing room. That little bit of house work turned into a bit more, like curtains coming down and going in the washing machine, windows getting cleaned and so on, the little turned into a semi deep cleaning and by the time I noticed it was time to get dinner ready, and my sewing room never saw my face.

   Tuesday I did get the final stitches in all my projects and get them to Russo's. Joanne took everything I offered and gave me better pricing than I had hoped for. She also now has enough inventory from me for now until the season gets into full swing. 



For me that means going to a few other Farm markets between here and the shore, and building myself an inventory for craft shows this fall.

   Next week I start doing the flea market circuit again. I enjoy it once the weather is warm and sunny. I make my own hours and pick the markets I want to go to and I make a dime or two, while down sizing my home. I don't take my home made inventory to the flea markets because I get a little bit of an attitude when people offer me a dollar or fifty cents for my hard work.

  Mamma Robin is still in her nest. We use the back door as much as possible allowing her to be as comfortable as possible. A few times I have gone out the front and she stayed in place, but mostly she moves away from the nest when we use the front door. I haven't taken any more photos, but they would all look what I already showed you anyway, so why upset and make her nervous. I have been looking for my spot for when the babies are born. I plan on using my 600mm so I can get go shots and not disturb the little family. As much as I respect nature, I am not passing up any photo opportunities if I don't have to.

  Whats For Dinner: 

      I cooked every night this week, except tonight. Don't ask me what I have made because I don't remember. Pork chops, and chicken made their usual appearance I am sure, and I couldn't resist trying the blush sauce once more. This time I used a recipe, well I used the recipe as a guide and for suggestions. When I tried this the last time without any guidance I started with the heavy cream in the pan before the tomatoes, letting it simmer and so on, turns out that was not correct. 
Blush sauce

          I started  making the sauce as I normally would, I have never cooked bacon in the pan first before, since I love bacon I went ahead and tried that step, and I will be keeping that step it makes a nice added flavor boost. I followed the recipe when it got to the heavy cream and cheese. My cheese was pungent and was a little overwhelming in the sauce, not enough to ruin it but enough to distract from all the other flavors. Since I know I will use this again my cheese will be milder, with flavor, just not as much.  I was about to ask Bill if he thought it was good, when he walked in with his 2nd bowl  

      It was a heaping bowl at that. Question answered.

       I truly hope you enjoyed reading this, and that you come back again soon.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a little life/what's dinner?

   It is  Wednesday and as always I still have so much to do this week. I have achieved a good deal of what I planned for this week, but lik...