Wednesday, February 19, 2014

It's For The Birds!

 A rainy Wednesday morning here gave me the opportunity  to play with my camera once again  from the back door. The rain brought a verity of birds to the feeder hanging on the cloths line, and I did my best to take advantage of all the activity going on.
    I saw the birds and knew I had to try so I looked around and built my self a steady stand tall enough to set the camera on. A make shift tripod. A TV tray and a heavy duty card board box holding hand tools did the trick. I put the neck strap on and sat the camera on top and focused in on the feeder. Doing my best not to move the camera I stood stock and waited. I didn't have to wait long to be rewarded with more then a few birds stopping by for a nosh. Some birds are just so much easier then others to photograph, the Finch they socialize at the feeder so you have all the time in the world to get the shot you want,


 but other birds like Wood peckers and cardinals are less social they land on the feeder get a few bites and they are gone.


 Unfortunately I moved the camera when the Cardinal landed and it was my only chance because she didn't come back again while I was there. 




 The what I believe is a Titmouse (feel free to correct me if I am wrong ) flies down to the feeder grabs a beak full and is gone in a blink of the eye.


 The Chickadee is even faster and much more skittish I still have no pictures of them and they are at the feeders more often then not. 
  "What Was Dinner"? Last night we had baked fried chicken, Jasmine rice,  and red beans. A tasty quick and easy dinner that was satisfying as well as comforting. My new best friend in the kitchen is parchment paper nothing sticks to it and clean up is a breeze. I rarely dredge or bread my chicken but when I do I absolutely hate for it to be left on the pan in stead of on the chicken. With parchment paper I do not have that problem at all. Nothing I mean nothing sticks to it. I didn't take pictures last night so I am going to share a recipe or method I use when I fry my chicken.
Grandma's Fried Chicken
 For those of you wondering how I made last nights chicken, I dredge in flour seasoned with salt, pepper,& garlic powder, then dipped in some sour milk, re dredged in the flour and placed on a parchment paper lined baking sheet with a lip. bake at 425 until done. Timing will depend on the pieces you use. Turn half way through cooking. The result crisp crunchy juicy chicken.
    Happy Wednesday! Thank you for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short and Sweet!

                        Busy Busy Busy, that would be me !    The weekend was filled with family, friends, games and lots of good food. We w...